Sports injury is one the most commonly encountered injury in a hospital or even in one’s life. Exercising, playing out door game and activities is a good way to keep one self fit and active, but sometimes one can majorly injure himself. Accidents, poor training practices, improper gear or over doing an activity can cause harm. While some people get hurt because they are not in shape. Not warming up or stretching enough can also lead to injuries to the muscle.
If a person is hurt, first thing to do is – stop playing. Continuing to play or exercise can cause more harm. Treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce inflammation , and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery.
• The most common sports injuries are
• Sprains and strains
• Swollen muscles
• Pain along the shin bone
• Achilles tendon
• Acl injuries
• Ankle injury
• shoulder dislocations
• Golfers elbow
• Groin pull
• Hamstring injuries
• Posterior crurciate ligament injuries
• Head injuries
• Muscle strains repetitive motion injury
• Rotator cuff injury
• Running injury
• Shin splints
• Skiers thumb
• Soreness after exercise
• Tailbone injuries
• Tendon injuries
• Tennis elbow turf toe
• Rotator cuff tear
• Tommy john surgery
• Workout injuries
1. Preventing sports injury
2. Be careful of activity around you.
3. Be observant toward risky objects around you.
4. Wear proper gear during sports activity to keep yourself protected always.
5. Follow the right method of doing the activity. Eg proper weight balancing and position of body while doing weight training , proper gripping the racquets , right swing in golf.
6. Always warm up before you play or exercise
7. Do not over exert yourself on the first day of sport. Gradually increase the level of intensity.
8. First improve yopur muscle strength and then move to the next higher level of training.
9. After a vigorous workout or activity it is must to give rest to your body so that your muscle recopver from the fatigued state.
10. It is very important to eat a well balanced diet recommended to the sports
person to maintain recovery and healing process in the body.
Treatment for a sports injury will depend on how severe the injury is and the part of your body affected.
a mild sprain or strain – you can treat it at home using RICE therapy.
RICE stands for rest, ice, compression, and elevation.
• Rest – avoid exercise and reduce your daily physical activity. Using
• Ice – apply an ice pack to the affected area for 10–30 minutes. A bag of crutches or a walking stick may help if you cannot put weight on your ankle
frozen peas, or similar, will work well. Wrap the ice pack in a towel to avoid it
directly touching your skin and causing ice burn.
• Compression – use elastic compression bandages to limit swelling.
• Elevation – keep the injured leg, knee, arm, elbow or wrist raised above the
After 48 hours of PRICE therapy, stop compression and try moving the injured area. If, after this time, your symptoms are worse, speak to sports injury and rehabilitation doctor.
RICE therapy can be useful for any sports injury, but some injuries may require additional treatment.level of the heart. This may also help to reduce swelling.
PRIMUS SUPER SPECIALITY IS PROVIDING EXCELLENT HEALTH CARE SERVICES IN THE FOLLOWING
BEST TREATMENT FOR JOINT PAINS AND JOINT REPLACEMENT
BEST TREATMENT FOR SPINE
BEST IVF TREATMENT
BEST HOSPITAL FOR KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
BEST HOSPITA FOR COCHLEAR IMPLANTS AND ENT DISORDERS
BEST HOSPITAL FOR NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS
FOR MORE INFORMATION
CALL AT PRIMUS SPORTS INJURY CENTER & Dr Surya Bhan HOD & Director of Orthopaedics and Dr Aditya Sharma chief Sports Injury Specialist
Primus Hospital Super Speciality Hospital
Chandragupta Marg Chanakyapuri, New Delhi- 110021
For appointments : +91 9999920206, 6620 6630, 6620 6640
For Emergency : +91 11 6620 6620
Fax : +91 116620 6650, 2611 2633
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.primushospital.com
Primus Super Speciality Hospital has been running the following center of excellence successfully and have been treating thousands of patients across the world with fantastic patient satisfaction.
Primus Orthopedic Center
Primus Spine Center
Primus Centre for Sports Medicine and rehabilitation
Primus Neurology and Neurosurgery center
Primus Digestive and Hepatobilliary Center
Primus Urology centre
Primus Fertility center
Primus Diabetes , Obesity, and Endocrine Centre
Primus ENT & Cochlear Implant Centre
Primus Oncology centre
Primus Department of Dental Sciences
Primus Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Primus Eye Care Centre
Primus Complete Health Check Centre